This is my first post on my new blog dedicated to all things that make me laugh. Each Wednesday, I’m going to share things from the past week that have made me laugh, interested me, made me think, entertained me or maybe even made me sad! But mostly funny stuff, because laughing is something that I do all the time!
1. In honor of the snowstorm this past weekend, I’d like to talk about snow. And ice. What’s the difference between them? I mean, they’re both frozen water right? But snow is powdery and fun. And ice is slippery and hard and dangerous! My brother actually explained it to me somewhat, but I thought it would make a good topic.
2. Speaking of weather, the temperature in our house is ridiculous! I mean, we’ll be freezing (my sister often calls our house ‘tundra house’). It’ll feel like we hanging out in Antarctica. So we turn up the heat and in about an hour, it’s hotter than Africa. It’s nuts. And kind of annoying. Hahaha.
3. Funny story! My 3-year old nephew was chasing my grandma’s dog through our house when he was over this past weekend, and saying ‘Oliver! Stop chasing me!’ And it was just so funny because he was chasing the dog, it wasn’t the other way around!
4. Also over the weekend, my dad & brother made a Costco run and picked up some jelly beans along with lots of other junk food (not that I’m complaining!). I absolutely love when we get jelly beans. There are about 50 flavors and we like about 15 of them, so all of the good kinds get finished but it’s still about 2/3 full of gross kinds. And my dad always tries to push the cinnamon, licorice, coconut, and other nasty kinds off onto us which cracks me up!
5. My sister started a trend this week which she calls a ‘verbal hashtag’. Basically, she adds the word ‘McGee’ after a lot of stuff she says. Example: I’m baking. She walks in the room and says “What are you making, Baker McGee?” Okay, here’s an example that has actually happened: I was playing my gameboy and she says “Settle down there, Gamer McGee.” Okay, this is funny to me but it might not be funny to other people and this is getting a little awkward and embarrassing so I’m going to move on.
6. Wow! Okay, so a few days ago, my brother peeled an orange and started to eat it. He got through about half of it but then declared that he ‘just couldn’t eat anymore; there was something wrong with it’. So I took the other half and started to peel it. Another brother took a piece of it, popped it in his mouth and promptly spit it out. He was like ‘Yeah, there’s definitely something wrong with that.’ I figured they were just overreacting so I ate a piece. To make a long story short, let’s just say that they weren’t overreacting.
7. And last but not least, does anyone ever blog about their fails? A few days ago, I was photographing some cupcakes I made and a cutting board fell onto them and mashed the frosting and my mom said that I should take a picture of it and put it on my blog. Thoughts?