This week, I’m back in the Outer Banks!
1. The (8-hour) drive wasn’t so bad; I sat in the front seat this time, and let me tell you, that seat is waaaay more comfortable than the back bench.
2. We stopped at a Waffle House for breakfast. I got a bacon, egg & cheese sandwich. It was tasty 🙂
3. We also stopped at some barbecue place for lunch. I got a hot dog. I’m not a fan of barbecue. But the pulled pork sandwich looked kind of good, and I kind of regret not getting it. 😦
4. When we got to the house, my brother & I went grocery shopping. It was fun, I’m an expert grocery shopper!
5. The weather was absolutely beautiful! So warm & sunny. (I broke my sunglasses though, which was a bummer. But my brother fixed them!)
6. We ordered pizza for dinner and it. was. PHENOMENAL. Seriously. The best I’ve had in a while! And I do love my pizza!
7. The swimming pool was just opened up on Monday! My brothers went swimming after dinner, but it was too cold for me. I wanted to go in on Tuesday, but I couldn’t. Check out number 9 below.
8. We did play a few rounds of bumper pool though, and that was fun!
9. Turns out, I couldn’t go in the pool because a pool guy came and ‘shocked’ it. So we can’t go in it till next week. But we’re not going to be here next week. Bummer!
10. Yesterday, my brother & I went for a walk on the beach. The water was freezing, but we got used to it pretty quickly (we didn’t go swimming, we just walked in it). The sand was really soft though. It was beautiful. 🙂
11. After our beach walk, I helped him install a few rows of wood in the room that they’re doing. I think I found my calling! Haha, only kidding, it was fun though!
12. I also made an awesome dinner, part of which will be shared on my other blog.